Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cindy Replies!

Because Cindy and I have talked about a week and a half after I received her first letter, I received this follow-up e-mail yesterday. I think you'll be interested in hearing what has happened since she initially wrote her first e-mail. Here it is:

Dear Bubbie,

Not only am I one not to be pitied, but I deserve better than a man who won't consider my feelings. He is placing the "Importance of Joan" above me.

Your reply made me cry. Then I got mad. I don't need to 'wean' myself off of him. I went to his house, left his credit card on a table and wrote a letter: "I'm done. Don't call me, call Joan."

I feel such relief. I feel a new beginning - like I'm the sun coming out after a grey day. But, I'm also shaky and scared. Maybe I'm afraid to be alone?

I'm scheduling an appointment with you - I think for reinforcement more than anything. Maybe if I believe, like you do, Bubbie - then I really will meet my soul mate.

Affectionately yours,

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Cindy; You are very brave and incredibly strong. I am impressed. You will meet your soul mate for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Cindy! Hey, Bubbie, this blog of yours could be addicting.

    ReplyDelete