Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Follow-up From Sept. "I TOLD YOU SO"

We requested a follow-up from Sid, who initially wrote to us that he wanted to break up with his girlfriend, but was scared of the "I told you so's" that were bound to follow. He writes:

Dear Bubbie:

Here's the follow-up you requested. The day I read your response, I broke up with my girlfriend. I had been practicing in my head for weeks.

Not ONE person said, "I told you so." Instead, I got sympathetic nods.

It turns out she WAS a psycho woman. She seemed to handle the break-up well and then she started texting me like 20 times a day. I'm not exaggerating. It's been a week since I've heard from her, so I hope she's moved on. Man, everyone was right!

Sid

Dear Sid,

I think it's always a 'red flag' when people you are close to don't care for your choice of future girlfriend. It's important not to get too involved to begin with, or try to prove them wrong from the get-go. As for her being a psycho-woman - you didn't elaborate, so I'll take your word for it. But do cut your ex some slack. The broken heart can do some pretty unreasonable things. Glad you did make the cut for both your sake's.

Bubbie

No comments:

Post a Comment